CrossFit Alpha Den HOST British Weightlifting Coach Marshall Lee to bring you the first instalment of his Portugal Tour for a Strength & Conditioning Workshop.
01 October 2017
20 Registrations Available
€25 Per Person
Just some of the knowledge being dropped will include;
Dynamic Effort vs Explosive Effort Method plus Repetition Effort & Maximum Effort Methods
Technical Work to include;
· Clean & Jerk
· Back Squat
· Wide Stance Box Squat (& its HUGE benefits to Strength & Conditioning)
· Understanding the principle of Human Elastic Potential Energy (& how it plays a role in maximising the efficiency of the Olympic Lifts)
· Principle of Reverse Tension to build the Squat & Deadlift
· Isabel Vs Grace Continuum, for Scaling & Athlete Development; mathematically designed/calculated using the Top 7 CrossFit Games Athletes of all-time.
There will be also a selection of Conditioning principles coached, teaching how to impliment them using the above Methods.
Coaching of the Olympic Lifts will also be broken down into individual phases, to include but not limited to;
· The First Pull
· The Second Pull Phase I
· The Second Pull Phase II
· Transitional Phase
· Receive Position [Composure x Discipline x Stability] · Recovery
· Jerk [Dip & Drive] · Jerk Recovery
“A British Weightlifting Coach, and the wandering Ronin of the S&C world, the only thing that can rival Marshall’s reputation is his thirst for knowledge.
Studying under one of Strength-Sports greatest of all-time, Delroy McQueen, and Team GB & ENG Head Coach Andy Callard, as well as serving Internships with London’s, Villain Barbell Club & later the Andy Bolton Internship™ have left Marshall’s technical knowledge rivalling some of the true greats.
Currently touring both Domestically and Internationally he is a highly sought after Coach and Speaker.” (- Words from Strength & Conditioning Coach Alex Backhouse).
• Sussex Power-Sports Head Coach
• British Weightlifting Coach & Technical Official
• Advanced Neurological Strength
• Advanced Weightlifting & Sports Performance
• Villain Barbell Club Internship
• The Andy Bolton Internship™
• UKAD (UK Anti-Doping) Certified Advisor
• Studied Cyril Martin’s Periodization for the Weightlifter & Coaching Youth Weightlifting
With his Team placing 1, 2 & 3 at British Weightlifting, GBPF (Great British Powerlifting Federation), GPC (Global Powerlifting Committee), Regional CrossFit competitions & achieving Gold Medals & multiple ‘qualifying Totals’ at European Masters Weightlifting Championships… this is set to be a powerful [Technical & Educative] Workshop.
Find more here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1519847384728403